REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR 2023-2024
What is Ice CHIPs?
- The Children's Hockey Introductory Program or "Ice CHIPs" for short is for girls and boys aged 8-14 who want to learn the basics of hockey but may have missed the opportunity to learn via our 6U (Learn-to-Play) or 8U (Mites) programs.
- Ideally, players should have basic entry level skating abilities but if your child is motivated, no level of experience is required.
- Ice CHIPs focuses on proper hockey skating skills and develops the basics of stick-handling, puck control, shooting, and basic positioning. Everything a child would need to know in order to play and enjoy the sport!
- Our goal in Ice CHIPs is to teach hockey skills and improve skating to the point that, the player may join a team that is appropriate for their age and skill level.
- If you have an older child wishing to try hockey, this would be an ideal way to start them in the sport!
- OYHA is seeking to expand Ice Chips from 8 weeks to a 17-week program to increase player development and preparation for Spring or Summer hockey camps, which should better prepare new players to be able to join a team the next season.
Schedule & Format of the Ice CHIPs program:
The intent is for Ice Chips' practices to occur on Saturday & Sunday mornings from 8:45AM-9:30 AM starting on October 21st and running through early March. The program will take breaks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years' holiday weekends.
For more information contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration contact: email@example.com